The Astrological Moon: Adventures With The Divine Feminine
Time & Location
About The Event
This workshop will involve a deep exploration of the astrological moon. Most of us live in a solar world of survival, achievement and fixing things. It is all too easy not to make the space for the lunar part of ourselves, our mothering and nurturing side, the need properly to look after our self and others. Constantly on the go, we pay no attention to the ebbs and flows of the collective energy around us. This is a chance to pause, take stock, and learn some techniques which help us to nurture our intuitive, emotional and creative parts.
By taking part in the workshop you will
• Gain insight into your own astrological moon sign, and what it tells you about your birth experience, emotional habits, ways of nurturing yourself and others, and your spiritual lineage through the maternal line.
• Learn about the monthly lunar cycle, how it pulses every 2 ½ days between outreaching exuberance and introverted musings, about the 8 lunation phases, through emergence to action, perfection, illumination, distribution and release, and about how to work with the lunar cycle to be more in tune with the energy of the present moment.
• Have the opportunity to explore the 29½ year cycle of your own progressed Moon, which, alongside the Saturn cycle, is one of the most central life cycles, beginning with the seed of the progressed new moon, through the shining forth of the full moon, to the letting go of the dark moon.
• Discover the importance of respecting and working with the times associated with the dark moon each day, month, year and during the life cycle as a whole
• Learn how to interpret the nodes of the Moon, which in modern spiritual astrology indicate past and future, where we are coming from, and what we are drawn towards, in other words, insight into what we signed up for this time round.
• Meet some moon goddesses, and explore what they have to tell us about what it is to be human
Who is the workshop for?
Anyone who wants to explore. No previous knowledge of astrology is required, although the content will be of interest to more experienced astrologers too.
Learning about moon signs is incredibly useful. The truth is, in normal life we are much more like our astrological moon than our sun sign, since it’s our default mode, how we operate when we are on autopilot and not really thinking about things. It also gives an extremely valuable perspective on relationship challenges.
So too with learning about lunar cycles. Insight into when is the time to seed, and when the time to harvest is invaluable information.
What is needed from participants?
Your birth details: exact time, place and date of birth. If you don’t know and can’t find out your birth time, though, don’t worry, there are plenty of ways round this issue. Please send birth details by e-mail to email@example.com
Also, please confirm that you are happy for your birth chart to be discussed during the workshop, or if you’d prefer to keep it private.
MATTHEW WYMAN is an experienced educator, astrologer, and essence practitioner from Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom. He works at Keele University, where he has received numerous awards for his teaching activities. He has been a practicing astrologer since 2010, working with clients across Europe and the Americas and running several workshops and training programmes. Since he trained with Astro Logos, the astrology school run by Bernadette Brady and Darrelyn Gunzburg, he describes his approach to horoscope work as part modern, part ancient. Modern astrology works for in-depth exploration of psychological issues, but, he says, you can’t beat medieval astrology for accurate work on the outer world of money, status and power. Both approaches help us to appreciate our strengths, become aware of and more accepting of the areas in which we struggle, and to make sense of what is happening to us in the present.
Photo credit Gregory H Revera
- Astrological Moon£25£250£0